Monday, September 28, 2009

In Good Health

Ok, so I've been battling this virus.  It makes me tired.  And my body aches.  But, it's not so bad that it totally puts me down.  It just makes it hard to do more than the day to day stuff....i.e. workout.  I have been getting better.  Since I have been battling this nasty little bug, I have decided to use this as a wake up call.  You know how you always think "I will eat better.  I will take care of my body", but you never really do.  Well, this has really been the catalyst for me.  I'm trying to heal myself, kind of like a mind over matter thing.  Every time I eat good things for my body I tell myself the food is helping to heal my body.  It's really been working.  I've turned over a new leaf so to speak.  My workouts have been good.  I am really pushing myself so they don't always feel "good" at the time.  But, I feel great when I am done.  Today I ran for 30 minutes (that did not feel good), then I did the step mill for 30 minutes (always feels good).  When I got done I felt I needed to run a little to test the fatigue in my legs.  I was at the gym and ran 2 laps, walked 1 lap.  I did this 4 times.  On the run, I didn't jog, I ran....hard.  It all felt good when I was done.

Here's to good health!   Cheers!

(I hope I don't regret writing this in a couple of weeks....I can see the post now....Duped by Chocolate and Laziness!...Noooooooo!)

No comments: