Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Light

My little guy is sick.  He has strep throat.  I feel so bad for him.  It's always hard when your children get sick.  As a result, my work days and workout schedules have been a bit messed up.  I have to say, though, I have been pretty good about getting on the dreadmill here at home.  I downloaded some new music and just ran.  There is something very freeing about running and not knowing how far or how fast you are going.  Even outside, you can guestimate what distance you've gone.  I was just running, and better yet, I was running to some very good music.  Sometimes music can be background noise and sometimes it can be real intense.  Lately, it's been real intense.  I listen to the music and really hear the words....then I ponder on those words.  My latest downloads include The Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, Adele, Dr Dre, Katy Perry and Chris Brown to name a few.  I wish I could download new music all the time and be as thrilled as I have been about my music.  I can become real stale real fast.  While I was running I had some real moments of clarity, some that made me choke up and almost cry.  However, crying and running just do not go hand in hand.  My running has been a very thoughtful process lately.  I suppose it's good for me and I need to keep that outlet to help me work through all the thoughts in my head.

What's on your playlist that keeps you running?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's On my playlist one song and one song only..... "I'm in a hurry and I can't slow down" And then for those more intense moments
" Gold Digger".
Xo